For many web designers, “custom” means adapting a pre-built template with colors, graphics or typefaces that reflect the client’s brand. That’s one way of doing it—especially if you’re short on time—but it’s not my way.
I prefer to start with a blank slate and create a design based on everything I learn about your business and your goals for the website. The process goes something like this:
I develop a thorough understanding of your brand—your customers, your product or service, your competitors, and the uniqueness that sets you apart. Then we work together to establish an online strategy complete with conversion goals, SEO tactics, a hosting plan and tools for tracking results.
As your site begins to take shape, I’m focused on two primary goals: to craft a fresh, engaging design that incites action, while maintaining the visual integrity of your brand. Once you’re happy with the look, feel and usability of the site, I go to work “under the hood.”
Now the focus is on function, as I begin the process of scripting, coding and markup. I test your site on all major browsers and operating systems, and make sure your pages are optimized for search visibility. Then you test the site in beta, final tweaks and adjustments are made, and we’re ready for launch.
As the site goes live, we take the necessary steps to help Google and other search engines find and begin to index your site. I suggest site-specific ways to improve your rank in search engines and build traffic. And if you’ve requested a content management system (WordPress), I show you how to add/delete pages and edit your site’s content.
Of course, no website is ever “finished.” As marketing plans change, new products or services are introduced, and SEO practices evolve, your site must keep pace. Think of me as your long-term partner, available for troubleshooting, updates and a broad range of site enhancements.
What I Offer
- Delivering a custom tailored solution to your requirements.
- A specialist with many years experience in web design and web development.
- Open communication throughout the entire process, encouraging your feedback.
- Focused on achieving the results you need to grow or launch your business.
- Do you need help with photography and content? I can take care of that for you.
What You’ll Get
- A website that you’ll own when the process is done.
- No long-term contracts.
- A fast, easy-to-use website that works across modern devices.
- Optimized for search.
- A website that you can easily update which will help keep maintenance costs down.